The Twycross Zoo house was the rectory to Norton church in 1851.
The zoo is respected as one of the best managed in the country
The village school closed in the 1940s but the Post Office still remained open until only a few years ago.
The village hall was built in 1920 in memory of those in the village who lost their lives in the First World War.
Our new village hall was built in 1994 after years of hard work fundraising by a hard core of villagers
The village once had a windmill and also a pinfold where stray animals were kept until the appropriate fee for their release was paid.
One of the most notable personalities in Norton was George Henton who was a threshing contractor. Three generations of the family had carried on the business. At one period they had five full sets of threshing tackle driven by steam engines. The engines were manned by drivers who, in the summer months, drove Pat Collins' fairground steam engines and during the winter months operated the threshing engines
Our neighouring village Appleby Magna has some interesting history details about the local area